Since 2006, Chelmsford Star Co-operative has supported a different local charity each year to be the focus for staff fund raising. Over this time through a variety of initiatives and events, we have raised over £180,000 which has benefited the Essex Air Ambulance, Helen Rollason Heal Cancer, Little Havens Children’s Hospice, Macmillan Cancer Support, Families InFocus(Essex) and Canine Partners. This year we are working with Essex Dementia Care.
Essex Dementia Care
We are an Essex charity set up to support people touched by Dementia.
From small beginnings five years ago, Essex Dementia Care has grown to keep pace with the ever increasing numbers of people living with Dementia in Essex.
Keeping active mentally and physically is the key to maintaining a good quality of life and our service focuses on providing activity and fun for clients whilst also giving carers the opportunity for a well-earned break.
We currently support over 70 clients with dementia and provide on-going help to a similar number of carers and families that support them.
We want to continue and expand our work to help reach even more people to prove that.....
Life really doesn't have to stop with Dementia.
For Essex Dementia Care:
Contact the 'O team' Debbie, Doreen, Michelle or Sharon on 01245 363789
Registered Charity number 1129038
How can you support?
• Donating to collecting tins at our many till points
• Donating 1p or more from your change at till points in our food stores
• Buying raffle tickets for prize draws offered in our stores throughout the year
• Buying tickets for events held in our department stores (see events)
How to become a Charity of the Year
If you are interested in applying to be our Charity of the Year partner please read the information below to ensure that you meet the criteria.
• You must be a bona fide charity with Essex coverage
• We raise around £30,000 for our charity partner and you should provide information on a specific project we can help fund.
• We have over 45 branches from Braintree to Southend-on-Sea. You should be able to supply not only 150 collecting tins, but fund raising
ideas and opportunities. You will be required to make contact with our individual stores and assist in local initiatives as and when required.
The selection process
• Applications must be received by the Society by the end of January.
• 6 charities will be selected from the applications and invited to present in February.
• 3 charities will be short-listed and will go forward to the staff vote in March.
• The wining charity will be notified and introduced at the Annual General Meeting in early May.