Personalise these tasty veggie burgers with whatever toppings you fancy!
- 600g sweet potatoes (peeled weight), cut into large chunks
- 250g Co-op microwave wholegrain rice
- 400g can Co-op kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp Co-op plain flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 125g bunch Co-op spring onions
- 180g halloumi, cut into 6 slices
- 6 Co-op brioche buns, halved
- Handful rocket
- 6 tbsp Co-op guacamole
- 120g Co-op chargrilled peppers
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 mins until tender. Drain, leave to steam dry in a colander, then mash with a masher. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and leave to cool.
- Lightly mash the kidney beans, leaving some whole, then mix with the cooked sweet potato and rice. Add the flour, smoked paprika, cumin and coriander, then season. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well combined, then shape into 6 burgers. Transfer to a plate and leave in the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 3-4 mins on each side, in batches if need be, until golden, then transfer to a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for a further 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a griddle pan, then cook the spring onions for 2-3 mins each side until lightly charred. Take out of the pan and cook the halloumi for 2-3 mins each side until lightly golden.
- When you’re ready to serve, toast the buns to your liking, then put a few rocket leaves on the base of each. Add the burgers next, then top with the guacamole, roasted peppers, halloumi and spring onions, before finishing off with the burger lid. Serve immediately.