Notice is hereby given that
The Annual General Meeting of Members
will be held on
Monday, 8th May 2017 at 6.30pm
In the ‘quadrant’ Department Store, 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford
Entrance from 6.00pm at the Riverside Entrance
1. Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 9th May 2016.
2. Directors’ Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 28th January 2017.
3. Ratification of the Share of the Profits at £6.50 per 1,000 points accrued on Membership Cards as at 28th January 2017, to be credited to Membership cards on 9th May 2017.
4. Appointment of Scrutineers.
5. Election to the Board of Directors:
3 vacancies for 3 years – 5 nominations received. (See below).
6. Election to the Membership Committee:
1 vacancy for 2 years - 5 nominations received. (See below).
7. Election to the Members’ Council:
6 vacancies, 4 for 2 years, 2 for 1 year – 6 nominations received. (See below).
8. Management Presentation:
- Review of 2016/17 trading year
- Future prospects and business developments
9. Questions from the floor.
10. Approval of Distributions – Chelmsford Star Co-operative Party Subscription.
11. Appointment of Auditor.
12. Charity of the Year 2017.
Motions must be submitted to the Secretary by no later than 4.30 pm on 17th April 2017.
The candidates listed below in no particular order seek election to the positions indicated by letters after their name:
B = Board, M = Membership Committee, C = Members’ Council:
* Employee – Rule 10.2 “Not more than two places on the Board shall be held by members of the Society who are employees of the Society”.
Members registered for Postal Voting will receive Ballot Papers by mail, to be returned in the prepaid envelope by no later than 5th May 2017.
Admission to the Members’ Meetings
RULE 9.10 states “Every member who has a vote under these Rules shall be entitled to attend Members’ Meetings on the production of a valid Membership Card and proof of identity or such other identification as the Board may from time to time determine. If a Member ceases to be a Member during the election process, the former member’s vote is invalid. Where secondary cards exist, only the primary card member shall be eligible to attend and vote.”
RULE 9.12 states “Every member of the Society shall be entitled to cast one vote on any resolution put to the members at a Members’ Meeting.”
TRANSPORT - Members who require transport to this Meeting should contact the Secretary of the Society at the Registered Office, 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0LS before 5.00pm on 28th April 2017.
Once the meeting has commenced, no further members will be admitted.