International Beer Day falls on Friday 5th August 2022.
Specifically, International Beer Day has three declared purposes:
- To gather with friends and enjoy the taste of beer.
- To celebrate those responsible for brewing and serving beer.
- To unite the world under the banner of beer, by celebrating the beers of all nations together on a single day.
Here are 10 fun facts about Beer..
- Humans all over the world consume 50 billion gallons of beer each year.
- Budweiser is the world’s most famous beer.
- The Czech Republic was the first country ever to have a beer museum.
- McDonald’s sell beer on its menu in countries such as France, Germany, Portugal and South Korea.
- Every year, Germany organises the biggest beer festival in the world, Oktoberfest. About 6 million people visit the festival.
- Beer pong was a game invented in the ’50s.
- Former President Barack Obama was the first president ever to brew a beer in the White House.
- Beer is the third most-consumed drink in the world, after water and tea.
- The earliest known building on the site of Downing Street was a brewery.
- Builders of the ‘Great Pyramids’ were paid in beer.