The coffee dressing adds a subtle depth of flavour here
Serves 4 • Ready in 20 mins
- 1 tsp Co-op Fairtrade rich roast instant coffee
- 1 tbsp Co-op red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade clear honey
- 5 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 100g Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer, crusts removed
- 8 slices Co-op Irresistible Parma ham
- 6 Co-op vine ripened tomatoes, halved
- 4 Co-op British free-range eggs
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves torn
- 125g bag Co-op baby spinach
- 4 salad onions, finely shredded
- Make the dressing by whisking together the coffee, vinegar, honey and 4 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Put the sourdough in a bowl and drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, then toss until the bread is coated in the oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and dry-fry the Parma ham for 1-2 mins on each side, until crisp, then set aside.
- Tear the bread into pieces, add to the pan and fry for 4-5 mins, to make croutons, then set aside.
- Brush the cut sides of the tomatoes with the extra olive oil then fry, cut side down, for 3-4 mins, until slightly softened.
- Poach the eggs. While they’re cooking, toss the lettuce, spinach, salad onion and croutons in the dressing, then divide between four plates. Crumble the ham over the top and add the tomatoes. Top with the eggs, season with black pepper and serve immediately.