This month, we welcome a new companion for our gold-medal-winning Les Pionniers Champagne – a Les Pionniers Rosé from the same award-winning cellar master. We hope you’ll enjoy this as much as our other Champagnes.
If prosecco’s more your thing, we have our Irresistible Sparkling Rosé from the Zonin family, who have been making wine for seven generations.While both are brilliant for Valentine’s Day, don’t forget our Fairtrade wines are a great way to enjoy a drink that gives back to others. Some 4,500 people benefit from our involvement in South Africa alone, so try our Sauvignon and help the good work continue.
If you’re looking for a bottle of bubbly to share with your loved one, your local Co-op has some really special options.
1. Irresistible Sparkling Rosé Made exclusively for Co-op by the Zonin family – the same team behind our multi-award-winning Irresistible Prosecco – this delicate, pale and invigorating fizz is full of ripe summer berry notes and has a lovely refreshing finish. Delicious as an aperitif or on its own.
2. Les Pionniers NV Rosé Champagne A beautiful salmon pink colour, this complex Champagne has a wonderful array of flavours, from hints of nectarine to summer fruits and shortbread. It’s been a long time in development, but it’s a worthy and exciting addition to our award-winning Les Pionniers range. Great on its own, or with salmon or prawns. Available from 12 February.
A glass of Fairtrade wine can really benefit others. Here are some of our favourites.
1. Fairtrade Sauvignon Blanc Full of citrus fruits and refreshing acidity, this Sauvignon Blanc is produced in South Africa. Sales of this wine have funded the renovation of a major community centre, which now provides essential services for local people, ranging from pre-school care for children to accommodation for pensioners.
2. Fairtrade Carmenère This fruity Chilean red is made by a co-operative that consists of 29 small growers, many of whom are women. Historically, education levels in the community have been poor, but money raised from the sale of this wine has provided funding to support higher education for several of the workers’ children.
3. Irresistible Fairtrade Malbec Our flagship Fairtrade wine is made from Argentina’s most iconic grape. Sales of this Fairtrade Malbec, together with voluntary funding from Co-op, have provided a clean water supply and enabled the building of an entirely new secondary school for the community.