We are proud stockists of the world’s most sustainable bed manufacturer; Harrison Spinks, available at both our Chelmsford & Braintree department stores.
Harrison Spink’s have been on our sustainable journey longer than any other business in the industry and they are on a mission to change the way the world sleeps.
Harrison Spinks are world leaders in luxury sustainable comfort, driven by making mattresses which support healthy sleep and are kind to the environment. This means they only use the finest sustainable materials in handmade beds.
They are committed to protecting the environment and this world-leading brand has been recognised with not one, but two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Harrison Spinks are proud of their Carbon Neutral+ classification and by the end of 2021 they will be fully net carbon zero.
Making an Eco Promise
Harrison Spinks are focusing on total sustainability. All new mattresses are designed with these core principles in mind –
- Foam-free – unlike many bed manufacturers they don’t use any foam in the construction of their beds and mattresses
- Glue-free – the revolutionary Cortec™ spring technology not only improves the sleep experience, but the glue-free design ensures their mattresses can be fully recycled at the end of life
- Free from FR chemical treatments – by using the finest in natural and sustainable ticks and fillings, they can avoid nasty FR chemicals
- Fully recyclable – 100% of production is recyclable at the end of its life; that’s no throw-away line! They will recycle their mattresses without charge – locally, in their own recycling point
Harrison Spinks do all of this, so you sleep better at night. And with their total sustainability ethos, so do they!
Harrison Spinks Achievements
- 2003 – developing micro coils, a world first innovation, delivering exceptional levels of comfort without using foam and enabling glue-free manufacturing
- 2013 – first Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development
- 2019 – second Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development
- 2019 – developing Cortec™ – another world-first – a 100% recyclable glue-free pocket spring system
- 2019 – being the only bed manufacturer to receive a Carbon Neutral+ classification, which means they more than offset all of our fuel and power use
- 2020 – NBF Bed of the Year award for theur new rolled Velocity 8750
- 2021 – committing to open The Harrison Spinks Recycling Unit where mattresses containing Cortec™ will be recycled free of charge
- 2021 – pledging to become fully net carbon zero by the end of 2021 and launching Harrison Spinks Renewables
- At Harrison Spinks they are leading the world in sustainable innovation. They are driving change and are committed to a brighter future, protecting generations for years to come.
- They will change the way the world sleeps. Rest assured, that’s their promise.