Chelmsford Star Co-operative is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect, use and store your personal data.
1. Who we are
Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Limited (the Society) is the ‘data controller’ for your personal data submitted to us. The Society’s Secretary is responsible for ensuring that the Society processes your data in accordance with this policy. If you have any queries on how we handle your personal information, please contact the Society’s Secretary at email@example.com, by telephone on 01254 216900 or write to: Society Secretary, Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd, 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0LS.
2. Your personal data
We may collect the following type of information about you;
- Contact Data including name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Identity Data including title, first name, last name, date of birth and gender.
- Financial Data including bank account details and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including purchase details, reward or membership points and redemption of dividend.
- Usage Data includes how you use and navigate our website and electronic communications.
- Photographic Data includes images or footage whilst in our stores.
We may collect data when you engage with us directly via forms, post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data when you;
- Apply to become a member
- Request certain information, publications or offers to be sent to you
- Visit or make a purchase within our stores
- Use our website or social media pages
- Enter a competition, promotion of survey
- Contact us or provide feedback
Please note that we are not responsible for any Third-Party link to our website. You should check their privacy policies listed on their webpage.
Our website is not intended for Children.
3. Processing your personal data
We only use your personal data when we have a legal basis to do so, this is likely to include;
- Contract Necessity; this can relate to fulfilling a contract for the purchase of goods or services or processing and maintaining your membership account. This will require the processing of Contact Data, Identity Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data.
- Legitimate Interest; this can relate Members receiving information to assist the Society in achieving our values and principles, aims and objectives and to support and serve our members and local communities, providing such interests does not override your interests or fundamental rights and freedom. This will require the processing of Contact Data, Identity Data, Transaction Data and Usage Data.
- Legal Obligation; this can relate to information requested by local authorities such as the Police for crime prevention and investigation. This will require the processing of any personal data, as required to comply with the law.
4. Protecting and retaining your personal data
We limit your personal data to employees and third parties who require access to process your data as per our instructions.
We have security measure in place to prevent data from being shared, lost or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will only retain your personal data for a long as necessary to fulfill the purposes that we collected it for, whilst complying with legal, accounting and reporting retention periods.
Personal data in relation to Members will be held for at least the period you have an invested in the society.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with;
- Third Party Organisations that provide outsourced data cleansing, printing, mailing and distribution services providing appropriate Data Processing Agreements are in place.
- Authorities as required by law e.g. HMRC and the Police.
We will not share your data with third parties for their benefit.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
The Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. pages, or register with Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. site or services, a cookie helps Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd. services or Web sites you visit.
7. Your rights
You can ask that we stop sending information or object to processing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will stop processing providing that we have no legal requirement to continue. Please include your name and membership number. You can request restriction of processing i.e. temporarily suspend processing whilst you understand the reason for our processing or correcting our data’s accuracy
You can request access to the personal data that we hold, by asking for a Data Subject Request on 0800 254 0404 or email@example.com.
You can request that we update the personal data that we hold by calling 0800 254 0404 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership number.
You can ask that we erase your personal data that we hold, providing we have no reason to continue processing it by calling 0800 254 0404 or email@example.com with your membership number.
You can set your internet browser to refuse or disable cookies, although this may disable certain functions on our website. For click more information on our Cookies Policy.
If you wish to complain about the society’s processing of personal data, then contact:
Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd, 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0LS
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Version 1.0 Last updated 21 May 2018