Food Store Manager
£28,000 - £36,000 per annum
To manage, on a daily basis, the operation of the store in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the Society’s policies and rules, with the objective of maximising store profitability.
- To maintain appropriate levels of stock availability to customers, through the effective use of stock and order procedures, to maximise sales within agreed stockholding targets
- To implement and maintain stock ranges in accordance with Society planograms and promotional programmes and ensure such merchandise is well-presented and promotional material effectively displayed.
- To keep levels of stock losses to a minimum via effective in store stock controls, and record and report all known losses such as wastage, freezer breakdowns, burglary and theft in a timely and efficient manner.
- To undertake regular stock-takes in an effective and efficient manner in order to monitor stock levels and stock losses.
- To maintain the security of the store, its contents and its staff in accordance with the Food Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
- To maintain effective cash, banking and till controls, to ensure cash in tills and on the premises is kept to a minimum and cash banked is maximised.
- To ensure that the store is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation and any remedial maintenance work required is identified and communicated to the appropriate party.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of store supervisors and general assistants and ensure that appropriate procedures regarding new starters are adhered to.
- To undertake effective induction process for all new supervisors and general assistants in accordance with Society Induction Policy.
- To ensure all store staff are trained to an acceptable level in all in-store procedures and to identify to the Area Manager any training and development needs that may need to be undertaken off site.
- To ensure that all store personnel adhere to Society policies and procedures and to take appropriate disciplinary action where necessary.
- To ensure that the store is adequately staffed, supervised and managed during the hours of occupancy, to meet the level and nature of demand of the business within budgetary constraints.
- To ensure that all hours of work, holidays and sickness are properly recorded and communicated to the Payroll Office to timetable in accordance with the Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
- To ensure that every effort is made by all store staff to meet the needs of the customer and to promote effective customer service.
- To ensure compliance with all legal requirements including Health & Safety Practices, Fire Precautions, Food Hygiene Controls, licensing Laws, Check Scanning and ensure completion of the Daily Operations Book.
- To ensure that the store operates within agreed budgetary cost constraints and meets levels of budgetary turnover and profitability.
- To abide by and carry out the Society’s Health & Safety policy.
- To abide by and carry out the Society’s Employment Policy.
- To carry out other duties as may be required by the business from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Sales Performance to budget.
- Shrinkage to budget.
- Stockholding to budget.
- Personnel Cost to budget.
- Net Profitability to budget.